On 9/19/06, G Money <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 9/19/06, Wayne Putterill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > But if there really is a god then I stand by what I said - either it can
> > send me to 'the bad place' for being a heathen although I have done
> > nothing
> > to deserve it other than not believing, or it will act as you would expect
> > good and benevolent morally superior being to do and judge me fairly.
>

> Cool.....i agree with ya.

I was thinking last night that I had only really given you half the story.

After I reached the conclusion above (about 20 years ago), for quite a
while I  was atheist/agnostic depending on the day of the week and
which way the wind was blowing. Gradually I did realise that I felt
something missing in my life, and it didn't take me that long to work
out that I still had spiritual needs which were not being met.

For the next 15 years or so I investigated various religions and
spiritual disiplines until I found buddhism and felt at home. I did
realise during this time that there are basic similarities between all
the major religions and it seemed that they were all just different
roads to the same destination, the trick lies in finding the road that
suits you.