> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Ihrig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 5:44 PM
> To: CF-Community
> Subject: heros
>
> so any one watch this?
> i missed the first episode.
> very good show.
> very impressed.

I'm watching it... mostly because I'll give any comic-book inspired property
a chance.

It's going a little slow and dark for my taste.  The "Hiro" character is the
only one that seems essentially undamaged - the rest are almost all very
dark characters.  I think they need to lighten up just a little bit.

I don't mind a slow build but I worry that it's going to lose viewers for
it.  I liked "Surface" (which the pacing and multiple story-line of this
show reminds me off) as well look where that ended up.

Still I see a lot of potential.  I would love it to take a Grant Morrison
"Doom Patrol" turn... perhaps the best example of mature "super group"
writing ever.  In fact the Morrison "Doom Patrol" would make an exceedingly
excellent series... I would just love to see "Crazy Jane" (the
stripper-character in "Heros" reminds me a bit of Black Annis).

I was also a little disappointed that we didn't (yet?) get to explore a
character unable to hide their "gift".  A "Concrete" or "Ben Grimm" kind of
character would have been nice to see.

Still now that I've officially given up on "Smallville" (if anything happens
on that show please let me know!) and they cancelled "Aquaman" before they
even showed the pilot it's nice to have a comic-book fix.

Jim Davis