REAC/PASS-IT
(202)-475-8875

"G Money" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
10/24/2006 02:17 PM
Please respond to cf-community

        To:     CF-Community <cf-community@houseoffusion.com>
        cc:     (bcc: Scott A. Stewart/REAC/HHQ/HUD)
        Subject:        Re: update on rocky bear...

THis is the one that always gets me. My vet has it hanging in his office,
read it every time i'm in there, and everytime it chokes me up:

A Dog's Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more
grateful for kindness, than loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand
between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach
me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweet music, as you must
know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my
ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside...for I am now a
domesticated
animal, no longer used to bitter elements...and I ask no greater glory
than
the privilege of setting at your feet beside the hearth...though had you
no
home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow, than rest upon the
softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land...for you are my
god...and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach
you
were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food
that
I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your
side,
and stand ready, willing, and able to protect you with my life, should
your
life be in danger.

And beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my
health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather, hold me gently in
your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal
rest...and
I will leave you knowing with the last breath I draw, my fate was ever
safest in your hands.

Oh man...i'm a blubberin' fool now.

So very sorry Weegs, I'm thinkin' about ya man.