Yessies. Another old timer on the list here.

The list is mostly for off topic.
But a little on-topic stuff tends to sneak in from time to time like
sql etc. etc.
I've had friends suddenly mention an SQL problem while out drinking
and get some good direction on a solution. Usually this is early in
the evening though *grin*.

Some people post job offers here directly as well when they want their
CF-Community regulars to have a first chance at some position that's
open. In a few threads you'll see someone changing jobs, or discussing
a move and another CF-Community person will say that there is an
opening at their firm etc. etc.

But , there is also a dedicated CF-Jobs list too. :)