VA-SEN: Allen Tackle Victim Speaks; Will Press Charges
By Greg Sargent | bio
So I just got hold of Mike Stark, the fellow who was thrown to the ground by
GOP Senator George Allen's staffers because he posed a difficult question or
two to their boss. Unfortunately Stark's cell phone ran out of juice soon after
we started talking, but I was able to get a bit about what happened from him.
Stark appears to be taking this to the proper authorities, as they say -- in an
email before we spoke, he wrote that he was on his way to "go press charges."
Interview with Stark after the jump.

Here's what Stark told me:

"I went in there, sat through an event...while he was gladhandling, I
approached him, got within four feet."

"My question was, `Senator Allen, Democrats are making this election about
accountability. You can shut them up by telling us what was in your police
records from the seventies.' He kind of muttered to himself, kind of, `I'm not
gonna go there.' Immediately his campaign staff started pushing me around,
shoving me around, trying to form a human wall between me and him. I continued
to pace him out into the lobby. My next question was, `Is it true that you spit
on your wife?'"

"Then somebody said, `Now you're getting personal,' and wrestled me to the
ground.'"

At this point Stark's phone went dead. So Stark says he was pushed and shoved
for asking one question, even though he apparently didn't invade Allen's space.
Then he was wrestled to the ground for asking a second one.

We're trying to get him on the phone again. More coming.

http://www.tpmcafe.com/blog/electioncentral/2006/oct/31/va_sen_allen_tackle_victim_speaks