>It's wierd really, I talk to a lot of people that profess Libertarian
>values and affiliation, smart folks, have their ducks in a row as it
>were; then you see on the ballot nothing but wing-nuts and moonbats
>with a big "L" next to their names...

The decent candidates are afraid to run third party because the perceived lack
of support.  If enough of us got involved in the party itself we could have
better candidates.  We, as in the Libertarian faithful, need to take the party
into the mainstream.

For too long it has been the realm of candidates whose sole purpose is to
legalize drug use.  There are too many other, more pressing, issues we need to
address such as government spending, the IRS and taxes, and the culture of
entitlement our foriegn plocy has fostered around the world.