On 11/8/06, Larry Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Depending on the province, the rates range from less than 3.5% to 7%. BC,
> Manitoba and Saskatchewan all have unemployment rates of less than 4% -
> that's considered full employment by economists.
> source -
> http://cansim2.statcan.ca/cgi-win/cnsmcgi.pgm?Lang=E&ResultTemplate=SRCH4&CIITpl=CII___&CORCMD=GetTRel&CORId=1803&CORRel=50

Well good! I think the US was somewhere in the low 5's last time i
checked...which is pretty close to full employment as well.

Canada is more socially liberal and certainly levies higher taxes to fund
more social programs, but their economy is based on capitalism. Canada and
the US still represent the world's most active trading partners, making them
the most mutually beneficial economic neighbors in the world.....even if we
like to make fun of each other from time to time :)

--
Anarchist reactionary running dog revisionist
Hindu muslim catholic creation / evolutionist