> It's apparently a matter of pride -
> geographically England may truly be part of Europe
> but they apparently consider themselves apart and unique.
> So, you might be right in calling it a European island,
> but still be flamed by them for it.

As an English man (no, I'm not British or European), I try to make that
distinction as often as possible

I don't want to be part of Europe (economically), even though
geographically we are part of it...

The problem with them trying to drag us into the EU (European Union) is
that the countries with the really shitty economies drag down though
with better ones... Can you imagine if they declared that Argentina was
part of the US? Imagine the GNP drop like a stone!

Now, with the Euro, the problem is that they have to "level off" the
exchange rates to bring it into line - so in Italy where you have to be
a millionaire to buy a loaf of bread (almost), the Euro's value goes
haywire...

It's meant to bring the economies into line, but we still get taxed up
the wazoo for the simplest things, and we always will!

Philip Arnold
Technical Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited