> First off, in case you don't know, I'm agnostic.

I myself am an atheist.

Raised Catholic by my parents, even went to Catholic schools until 8th
grade. I have many reasons for being atheist, not the least of which
is proof.

I require proof. More than faith, more than belief. Prove it.

And don't come back with the "prove there isn't a god" argument that I
hear so often. I don't have to. I don't believe in god, you do, the
burden is upon you therefore to prove he exists.

I married a woman that is, or rather, was religious. Raised by hippies
turned tent-revival-fire-and-brimstone Christian types. My wife's
father used religion as a weapon, his faith as a reason to brutalize
is children physically and mentally.

She has been, of late, questioning her faith and upbringing.

We have had many a discussion about religion and the lack thereof and
god and the lack thereof.

We have on many occasions agreed to disagree.

You're not alone. One piece of advice, if you have set a boundary of
no church services for yourself, stick to it. Be gentle about it, but
firm.

--
will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher