Tough one, but I think your only real choices are to keep your head
down or move, it sounds like there is no way of making your feelings
felt with no backlash. Religion sometimes reminds me of non-Newtonian
fluids* - the harder you push against them, the more inflexible they
become.

*Google brainiac walking on custard...