> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Ihrig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 7:58 AM
> To: CF-Community
> Subject: Re: Anybody else with a PS3?
>
> i am:
> TimeLord_DrWho
> or
> Dr_Who
>
> i just picked it up tuesday.

I'm not sure whether to be happy or worried about that... I always said that
if I could walk into a store and get one before Christmas then it was
probably a failure.  ;^)

(In my case my mother actually went down to Circuit City every morning
finally snagged one.  Now she's hunting for a Wii... my own personal
shopper.)

> and am having to keep it turned off until i get a HDMI cable from
> monoprice.com
> not paying 60-100 for a cable.

It does suck that they screwed us over on the cable.  Although at the same
time I'm not sure what cable I would have them include... I want Component
and Optical and you want HDMI...

At the same time I'm VERY happy because PS2 cables work fine (thank you
Sony!).  For me it was as simple as unplugging the PS2 and plugging the same
cables into the PS3 (I'm using a high end Monster cable - no HDMI on my old
HDTV).

> 480i looks like ass.

Yeah... but I do wish I could set which resolution I want for each features.
On my TV (an older 32" that only support 480i/p and 1080i) it's nearly
impossible to use the web browser (and many of the menus) at 1080i - things
are just too small to read.  But everything looks great at 480p.

I would still want the games and movies to use 1080i (when possible) of
course, but as of now I find myself constantly switching things.

Of course that's all kind of moot since all I'm playing is "Final Fantasy
XII" and "Lemmings".  ;^)

> so will wait till tonioght hopfuly it will be here.

Good Luck.

Jim Davis