I wouldn't put all my faith in the medical establishment.

Part of taking care of oneself is having the responsibility to trust and listen
to the signals your own body is telling you. In the modern world we have become
so detached from nature and spirit, its easier not to think at the level of the
divine and to place our trust soley to those who have studied medicine for xxx
number of years.

But medicine is only part of the equation of wholeness and health. There is
also the spirit... which some may say might influence the health of the body to
a higher degree that medicine ever could. I'm not saying the medical profession
doesn't have a place, it certainly does, but always in balance to (1) knowing
yourself and your body, now and historically (2) listening to the signals your
body gives you.

Many are so focused on the daily routine that they have lost touch with
themselves. Then they go to strangers for advice/knowledge that they should be
cultivating themselves.

I also question modern medicine as far as how much the pharmecutical industry
influences it. These are corporations at the end of the day who need to make
profit.
If they find a cure they have lost their customers.

That's kind of like GM building a car that lasts you your whole life....