>I've got photoshop cs, but I find myself using Picasa almost
>exclusively to manage my photos and do quick fixes.  It does 99% of
>what I ever need to do.

Same here. The browser in Photoshop is ridiculously slow, I finally just
removed it (since I got tired of accidentally hitting Browse and then having to
wait a couple minutes for the darn thing to load!) I looked around at some more
expensive DIM tools but didn't really feel any offered me enough over Picasa to
be worth the cost. My only real major gripe with Picasa is that it doesn't
handle PNG transparency which is something really used a lot with digital
scrapping.

I've also been playing with Adobe Lightroom, which is still in Beta. It's
really great for working with photos, particularly in RAW format. Can't replace
Picasa for me though since it doesn't handle PNGs at all! It will be
interesting to see what Adobe decides to charge for it.

--- Mary Jo