What's available will depend on what FOB (forward Operating Base) he's on,
and how much contact he actually has with the local populace.

Non-combat troops very rarely leave the wire, and so they miss out on the
local economy and the bazaars and stuff.

Some fobs, especially the bigger ones, have their own PX and fast food and
shit.  I know Bagram had a grip of stores. The problem is they run out of
things very quickly.  Candy, dip and smokes are the first to go usually.
Next is newer movies and games.

I'd send things not money.  Money is usually something your not too worried
about in country.  You're not spending much, and you're making more than
normal from being tax free and having combat bonuses and stuff.