That's funny. Not skipping meals is actually on my list, too.

Every January, I start a new notebook/sketchpad for the year.
On the first page, I put a single "thought for the year". Then a list of the
"big goals" I have for my life, and some smaller goals to accomplish for the
year.

I spend a few days at the end of the year going back through the notebook,
remembering things, making mental notes of things left unfinished. The good
ideas/sketches go into a folder of ideas.