> 1) Blu-ray is not "anti-porn" - but at this point it is
> cheaper.  In short the Porn industry is going to go where
> production is cheap.  This price differential won't exist
> forever however - prices should come into line pretty quickly.

Not true, not only is blu-ray more expensive to produce but also involves
royalty payments to sony.

> So (again, as of right now - things might change tomorrow).
> Blu-Ray has exclusive support of four of the major studios
> and shared support of two.
> HD-DVD has exclusive support of one.

I believe actually Blu-Ray has 7 studios exclusive, but I can't remember
where I read that or list the studios involved, but your main piont is
right, Blu-ray has the studio support at the moment.

> 3) Blu-Ray does store more, but more importantly it has a
> great potential to work better.  The BD-J layer is
> potentially really cool (it's already pretty slick on discs
> like "Superman Returns").
>
> With this special features can be overlayed on the movie
> itself, you can access menus, commentaries, etc at any point
> in the movie.

On this point you are being mis-led.  While it is true that Blu-Ray has this
option, the Blu-Ray spec makes player support for all of these things
optional, this means if a studio uses these features there is no guarantee
that a player will support them. HD-DVD on the other hand also has all these
features and the spec actually REQUIRES a plyer support them before they can
stick the badge on it so the studios know that if they spend loads of cash
presenting these features there customers WILL be able to view them.

It is also a little early to start comparing capacities, while you are
correct in stating HD currently has a dual layer 30Gb capacity while Blu-Ray
has 50Gb you are incorectly comparing like for like.  The current batch of
blu-ray discs are only single layer (25Gb) since dual layer discs are to
expensive to manufacture while dual layer HD-DVD (30Gb) is the bigger format
in common production.

HDDVD has already announced a tripple layer disc supporting 51Gb and Ritek
think they can get this as high as 10 layers.

--
Jay