poor fella.

you watch dog whisperer?
shock therapy seems to work the best.

get him into a calm submissive state
on the ground, petting him, whilst that is
going on, and he should stay there until he
completely  chills out, and it becomes an OK
event to him.

ya know?

im sure you have tried... but it may be worth a try

we do this type of therapy with lily and the huahua's
and they are all getting VERY good with certain things
that bother them.