I prefer Charles Krauthammer's idea:
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=YWJjMmQ0ZTJiNTE5ODlmNTMxZWU1ZTJjYjhlZjlhZTI=

We need to find a redeployment strategy that maintains as much latent
American strength as possible, but with minimal exposure. We say to
Maliki: you let us down and we dismantle the Green Zone, leave
Baghdad, and let you fend for yourself; we keep the airport and
certain strategic bases in the area; we redeploy most of our forces to
Kurdistan; we maintain a significant presence in Anbar province where
we are having success in our one-front war against al Qaeda and the
Baathists. Then we watch. You can have your Baghdad civil war without
us. We will be around to pick up the pieces as best we can.