I'm sorry to hear that, Bruce. I feel for you. My parents divorced when I
was two and my brother and I only did the summer thing with my dad, and only
until I was 18. He pretty much wasn't around otherwise. He might have called
sometimes, I don't really remember.

The good news is that technology makes it possible to "be there", even if it
isn't face to face. Just keep the lines of communication with your daughter
open everyday. If you can't be there in person, be there on the phone, by
email, on the web cam, whatever you can do and as often as you can do it. It
makes such a huge difference in a kid's life.