The first computer I used was, I think, either a Commie64 or an AppleII. 
  I forget.  I was 3, so I guess it is forgivable.

My family's first computer, we got when I was 5.  It was a Zenith 80x86 
with a black and amber screen and a 20mb winchester HDD.  I learned to 
program in GW basic on it.  It also had an Epson LQ-800 dot matrix 
printer which I chucked in 1998 (13 years later) because I couldn't 
afford tractor-feed paper.  It still printed fine.

I had a series of 386 and 486 hand-me-down (including one with a 387 
math co-pro) in HS.  Win 3.1 on all of them at some point, although I 
sometimes removed it to save HDD space.

In college, I had a generic Cyrix 586x233, replaced with a 586x200 when 
the chip burned out.  Windows 95.  I then had a PIIIx600 with 98SE. 
This was a good box.  The case is in my living room, and the guts are 
powering my webserver/mailserver/etc.

My first "workstation" while working professionally was a Dell server. 
Power Edge 530?  It was like having a jet engine under my desk.  After a 
while, I got an actual Dell workstation, and my life got much quieter.

My current workstation is a AMD 1800 homebrew, which needs 
replacing/upgrading.

--Ben

Gruss Gott wrote:
> First computer ever: Atari
> 
> College computers: Micron win 3.1 & SUN workstations (college owned)
> 
> First home computer/workstation purchased: Gateway 133mHZ Win 95
> 
> First IT professional workstation: SGI IRIX Indy and Indigo
> 
> Current PCs (limited to main ones): Dell XPS/Win XP Pro, MacBook Pro 15
> 
> 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Create robust enterprise, web RIAs.
Upgrade & integrate Adobe Coldfusion MX7 with Flex 2
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/flex2/?sdid=RVJP

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:230804
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.5

Reply via email to