I spent six years in the Marines for the most part you don't know
anything that can't be found on the Internet.  Troop strength? Units?
SOPs? Modus Operandi? Names of Leaders? Tactical plans? There are some
exceptions but for the most part nothing worth being tortured over.

Any real plans, especially long term are limited to higher ranks,
usually officers or can be found on line.  Locations? Just ask Geraldo.
Especially in Iraq we have bases not temporary camps or patrols hiding
in the bush.  If your unit is in the field at an undisclosed location
that would be worth trying to conceal at least as long as possible in
order to protect your buddies.

 From the talks I have with my cousin they don't seem to know anything
about day to day missions until the night before at best, for the most
part (this is my speculation based on our conversations.

Radio operators might have some knowledge of value, crypto, frequencies
etc..

Hell I had a TOP SECRET clearance and I can't think of anything I knew
that would have done any harm had I spilled my guts.  BFD I knew how to
aim cannons with Nukes on board.  If you don't have the nukes, or the
guns what good is the info I had?  Yet, they kept beating it into us
about how important the info was.

So what do you think the average Private knows that is worth being
tortured?  Ego aside.  Nobody wants to think they'll crack, but trust me
if they want you to you will.