From: Larry Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:28 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Jack Thompsom is an Asshole (VT Shooting)

> What is even sadder is that if VT had not been a gun free zone, the
> death toll probably would have been much lower.  The cops responded
> well, not heroicly, and didn't have to save anyone (ask the Supreme
> Court about that one).  If we can't rely on the cops to put thier
> lives on the line for us, we need to take control of our safety.
>
> Just think if the professor who was a Holocaust survivor had had a
> concealed carry permit.

That's absolute and utter bullshit. What you're saying is an insult to the
memory of the victims of this tragic act. Look at the frecking facts.
Virginia has very loose gun laws, no waiting period and a background check
system that is simply a joke. What that guy did is go off campus, literally
across the street to get the first pistol. Then 25 miles away to get the
second one. I'm surprised he didn't go to Christianburg Arms and Ammo - they
have a drive through window.

The only way gun control works is if its applied the same everywhere on a
national basis. Otherwise its too easy to get around state and local level
laws.

And there are too many people who equate their firearms with their manhood
(or more likely lack thereof) to let that happen.