It just seems like people look for excuses for such madness..  "Oh my
God, how could he have?!?" "Well it must have been the video
games!!!".. I remember growing up and hearing that music like Ozzy
Osbourne was the cause of suicides, music of KISS was Satanic and
meant you worshiped the Devil, etc etc etc..
I think people are just looking for excuses.. I've played games since
for as long as I can remember, including the first gun game I can
remember, Duck Hunt.. I listen to the most evil music, I play the most
sick games, and not once have I considered "Hey I think it would be
fun to open fire on innocent helpless kids!"..  If I feel angered,
I'll pick up Oblivion and destroy a whole town, or play Wii boxing, or
GTA and blare some Death Metal while I'm hacking away or gunning
people down in games.
This kid had screws loose, it's not the fault of games, movies, music,
or the gun dealers, it's the fault of the person squeezing the
trigger..

Just my 2 pennies..