Larry, I like you.

You are my friend.

I can't talk about this rationally with you so I won't.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Lyons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:55 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: VA Massacre & Gun Control

>I honestly think it goes beyond simply law or tactics.
>
>What do we think is an individual right in this country?
>
>The supreme court needs to get off its horse and try a gun case.  They
>refuse and refuse and aren't fulfilling the duties of the highest judicial
>practice in the country.

They have the Supreme Court and most of the courts of appeals have ruled
consistently that the law is a collective right of the states.

>The whole argument over gun control and what is right could be over after a
>single case if our government would simply follow the process put down in
>the constitution.
>
>The DC gun ban was recently found to be illegal in federal court.  The city
>has said they will be appealing the decision, and maintaining their laws
>until such an appeal can heard.  However it is very well known that the
>supreme court traditionally will turn away cases that require an
>interpretation or clarification of the second amendment.

At considerable variance on what the same court has ruled before, and what
other circuit courts have ruled as well. I suspect that the Supremes will
uphold the DC law based on precedent.