On 4/19/07, Zaphod Beeblebrox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> isn't that pretty much the same for anybody?  Some people choose
> unions to follow, some people choose a religion to follow, some people
> choose Howard Stern to follow.  I can't see a reason why one would be
> any better than the other.  Some may change their pov more often than
> others.  Some never change their pov.  Again ,I can't say which one is
> better.  Had we always stuck to our "values", we'd never have figured
> out that the earth does revolve around the sun and other minor things
> like that.

And some people don't follow anybody, so they can make up their own minds on
the issues because they realize that no one philosophy is so sound as to
adequately explain every possible issue.

I think...i hope...there are more of those people out there than the media
(and this list) is leading me to believe!

Plus, what constitutes as a flip-flopper.  If Bush vetos this budget
> proposal, but then doesn't veto the next one that has no timelines,
> doesn't that make him a flip-flopper.  Afterall, he was for the
> funding bill before he was against it and then will be for it again.

What I've found in most cases, is that if Person A labels Person B a "flip
flopper", it's because Person B no longer agrees with Person A.

The flip flop argument tries to play on emotion over reason. It hopes to
avoid any discussion about the actual issue, and whether reason or knowledge
could have played a role in the decision to change positions.

My take on it is that "flip-flopper" has become a meaningless word
> because pretty much anyone in Washington could be considered a
> flip-flopper based on voting patterns.

Abso-tively.

--
I got the anti-Christ in the kitchen yelling at me again.