Yeah and the stupid thing is that the email addresses are obtained illegally
or purchased for spam purposes.

Which means they are also taking a gamble that you might forget about
subscribing too.

I can't believe these guys are still trying this stunt, knowing that they
are going to get caught. But then again we as a race are stupid enough to do
what they ask as well.