I've had XM for about 4 years and had gone thru almost every receiver
imaginable until about a year ago when I broke down and bought the Delphi
SkyFi2. You buy the receiver, car kit, and home boombox all separately (I
think it came to about $250-300 all told, with installation separate -- but
my husband is good w/ wires so I skipped that expense).

The reason this was the answer for me was the portability ... I just cart
the receiver back and forth between car and home. It pops into the car kit
and boombox easily, it fits in my purse, it has neat features like
30-minutes of DVR-like recording and instant replay, both the car kit and
boombox have GREAT sound. I don't really listen to XM anywhere but in the
car or while I'm working (read: I don't take it with me when walking --
that's what the iPod's for) so I didn't figure the portable would be as
flexible as this one. (And of course, there is always XM online for those
occasions when I'm away from both the car and boombox but have Internet
access.)

All of this may have changed in the year or so since I got the setup, so
you'll still want to research options, of course. Hope that helps you out a
bit.

Shawna E. Hampton
r(E)-Visions Consulting
www.revisionsconsulting.net