1. Trouble resulting from an abrupt Iraqi withdrawal. (worldwide long
term anti-US sentiments, further destabilization of the region, mass
genocide via ethnic / religious cleansing. We pull out, you have Bosnia
all over again.  Hundreds of thousands will die.  Iraq was far less a
danger than the Soviet Union was.  We didn't attack the Soviet's because
of Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) unfortunately Iraq didn't present
enough of a threat. So we thought we could go in and create a nicer
Iraq.  Wrong.  Saddam was contained, now we have mass civil / religious
wars.  We started them, it is our responsibility to stabilize the
country again. If that means dividing it into three regions with a
federal system to handle oil revenue then so be it.  Each region can be
autonomous, with revenues evenly divided from oil. oil fields and
borders will be DMZs protected by UN peace keeping forces via swath's of
bare land to protect against attacks.)

2. Religious Extremism (this is WWIII in the making, and we may have
started it by going into Iraq, prior to that it was a small problem we
have exacerbated it. Had we concentrated on Bin Laden and his band of
misfits we would have greatly reduced this threat.)

3. Bin Laden and Al Qaeda (This is the group and Iran most likely to
take advantage of the items in #4. It is also probably the largest
single threat to the lives of  Americans,  Western allies and secular
people everywhere. Also the largest supporter of Religious Extremism.
We had our chance in Afghanistan and we blew it (leadership not
military).  We then attacked Iraq rather than completing our mission
against terrorism and the Al Qaeda in particular.)

5. Iran  (Iran is more of a concern because of our administration's
approach to them than they are a concern on their own.  Along with Bin
Laden's boys they are the most likely to garner uncontrolled materials.
How effectively they  could use them, hey that's another question.  Best
left alone.  Impose sanctions, isolate and let the people of Iran handle
their own problems.  Iran is far more secular than the current
leadership would like the world to believe.  Let regime change happen
from within.)

4. Uncontrolled materials and personnel used in the production of WMD
(scientists, enriched uranium, etc) (If we put 1/20 of the effort we put
into Iraq into this issue it would go away within five years.  Besides
the odds of being able to move WMDs or Uncontrolled materials aren't
very good. However, you only have to be successful once.)

6. North Korea (North Korea is more a threat to themselves than anyone
else.  As long as the don't attack anyone who cares what they do.  They
are going to continue with their nuke program, we cannot stop them
without a regime change, err... that's sounds vaguely familiar.  Reagan,
Bush Sr., Clinton, Bush Jr. all have tried to control North Korea and
failed.  North Korea will not attack the South, nor the Japanese.  They
have to attack the US if they go South, we sit between North Korea and
South Korean cities.  And attacking Japan is like attacking the US.  If
they make such a move nobody, not the Chinese, nor the Russians can or
would try to protect them.  Their not that stupid. Close, but not quite.)