On 5/25/07, Dana Tierney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sam
>
> Spike Lee coined the term, so the discussion would seem to have something to
> do with him.

The term was popularized by Spike Lee.
David Ehrenstein says the words were from old film days, "The magic
negro, was chiefly a term used when talking about films in which you'd
have black characters who would suddenly come out of nowhere and come
to the rescue of white characters. I was simply trying to get a
conversation going. How it's gone is another question."

> I don't think your columnist is liberal.
He's published on Huffingtonpost - enough said

> I am an agnostic on whether the video is racist.

You mean Audio right?

> I am inclined to think it is, at least the way Rush is using it.

Is he using it any differnt then the author?

> But that doesn't matter. What does matter is that this is a manufactured
> controversy and you bought into it.

No, you and GG bought it hook line and sinker; I'm trying to pull out the hooks.