Sam Brownback, Senator from Kansas seeking the republican nomination, is the
op-ed contributor to the NY Times today. He presents his views on evolution.
He does a fair job of asserting his position of faith, how it reconciles (to
a certain extent) with evolution. He even makes a few good points.

Then he drops this beauty:

"While no stone should be left unturned in seeking to discover the nature of
man's origins, we can say with conviction that we know with certainty at
least part of the outcome. Man was not an accident and reflects an image and
likeness unique in the created order. Those aspects of evolutionary theory
compatible with this truth are a welcome addition to human knowledge.
Aspects of these theories that undermine this truth, however, should be
firmly rejected as an atheistic theology posing as science."

That, my friends, is why creationism can NEVER be taught as a
science.....the very idea that we should reject findings that don't support
our faith/theories flies in the face of everything that science is.

Can read the piece here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/31/opinion/31brownback.html

--
I'm calling all friends and people I met on the way down.