>not at all. i still haven't bought the whole argument about global warming,
>but i agree that it makes sense to take precautions. my issue is that i
>don't think china isn't going to do squat about their co2 emissions, so what
>motive do we have?

Perhaps just simple pride?  In other words if we, as a people, determine that
something is the right course we should do it regardless of what China does and
regardless of how ineffective it may be because of China.

Since when do we first look to China before we commit to public policy?  That
kind of panty-waist, sideways looking, tentative bullshit may be fine for
Belgium, but not for the U.S of A my friend!

Jim Davis