http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/06/21/2006/

"Lee, a former industry employee whose job was to find ways to deny or
rescind coverage for healthcare, explains how hard insurers work to
deny care, searching for any pretense. About denials of care and
coverage, he says, "It is not unintentional. It is not a mistake. It
is not somebody slipping through the cracks. Somebody made that crack,
and swept you to it."

Becky, another industry employee, says through tears that she's a
"bitch" on the phone with clients because she doesn't want to know
anything about their families or personal situations — that knowledge
makes the inevitable denial of care too hard to stomach.

And Dr. Linda Peeno, a former medical reviewer for Humana, testifies
before a Congressional committee in 1996 that her denial of needed
treatment to a patient led to the patient's death. "I am here," she
told the committee, "primarily today to make a public confession. In
the spring of 1987 as a physician, I denied a man a necessary
operation that would have saved his life and thus caused his death. No
person and no group has held me accountable for this. Because, in
fact, what I did was I saved a company a half a million dollars with
this."

With some exceptions, SiCKO's victims aren't people without insurance.
As Moore narrates, the movie is instead about the travails of the 250
million people in the United States with insurance."

"The second half of SiCKO looks at other countries' healthcare
systems, and finds that national, single-payer insurance delivers far
better care. More on this in my next column."

Bah! Poor bastards who aren't millionaires should just roll up and die
anyways. If they aren't rich it's their own damned fault.'Society' is
put together to benefit the wealthy, not the entire Social organism as
a whole.

;-)
mm hmm.