The numbers are relative.

The Wii is doing bizarrely well and skewing things something fierce.  Xbox
360 is steady, but slowing (it has been out for over 18 months and has a
nice lead).  But the PS3, especially considering the price point and the
dearth of games, is remarkably steady as well.  As it stands the PS3 is
actually selling better than the PS2 did during its initial launch (although
admittedly the PS2 was harder to find longer).

Things actually look much better in other areas.  The Wii is still a monster
is Japan but the PS3 is soundly beating Xbox 360 (which just can't catch a
break in Japan).  The PS3 is actually doing really well in Australia and the
UK as well (in both areas it's being sold as both a game system and as a
Blu-Ray player in AV shops).

Worldwide it's still trailing... but gaining slowly.  This will be the first
"real" Christmas for the PS3: the first Christmas with some truly great
games.

It's a similar story with the PSP: reading a lot of the new you'd think that
it was a failure.  But that's only when compared to the surreal sales of the
DS.  In fact the PSP has over 22 million units.  Sure the DS has sold 45
million - but that hardly makes the PSP a failure.

Jim Davis