> > So you're saying the Constitution is flawed by allowing presidential
> > pardons?
> >

> Yes.  It's an archaic custom that's no longer needed and simply serves
> to be a vehicle for gross miscarriage of justice

Pardons are an EXECUTIVE privelige, not just presedential.  Govenors
have the power to pardon for state felons.

Look, the main thrust of those who are against clemency for Libby is
that he was found guilty and that the President is playing on
favorites by commuting the system.  Those that are for the commutation
feel that Libby was charged with obstruction and perjury when there
isn't truly a case against Libby, that he was caught up in the middle
of a witch-hunt.  He was charged with a "process crime."

The fact that there are others that can and should be brought to task
on the original case which was the leaking of a covert CIA operative's
name is another matter entirely.

On a side note, please do me the favor of keeping names straight.
Calling Libby "Fibby" or any other minaming does nohing to further the
point of this debate other than directly identify the stance you take
and the level of respect you have for anyone that is standing opposite
you in this debate.  I enjoy our little sparrings on issues like this
but find it personally insulting when my counterparts are reduced to
name-calling to help make thier point.