Personally I feel that all religious organizations should lose tax-exempt
status and apply for government funding the same way as any other non-profit
organization would.

That said, since that _isn't_ the case, it sounds like business as usual.
Here in the US we have similar issues: the government (i.e. taxpayers) fund
thousands of faith-based organizations.  Some of these organizations, like
the Boy Scouts of America, have actually fought to gain "Private
Organization" status so that they may continue to discriminate against
others while still accepting huge taxpayer benefits.

So no: I don't think any tax payer money should go to these organizations
(or more specifically, that the field should be leveled with them on the
same ground as all other not-for-profits).  But since our money is already
being strewn around willy-nilly I don't see it as exceptionally "bad".

Jim Davis