Honestly I'm not sure - I thought (but am probably wrong) that it was an
official statement of some kind.  But you're right: as a purely personal
comment it really deserves no criticism.

As a statement of church position it really deserves no criticism either...
but it's still a little frustrating.  ;^)

Again - I applaud the church's position in the matter.  The catholic church
is definitely not part of this problem.  My frustration only comes from the
Pope's dismissal of the controversy itself.  It's (a _little_) frustrating
because the church really could take a strong leadership role in this regard
instead of rudely dismissing it.

Jim Davis