What I find most interesting is that the Sunnis have finally figured out
that being subjugated by Al Qaeda is far worse than cooperating with U.S.
and coalition forces. Whether they can find peaceful co-existence with the
Shiites, especially Sadr's thugs, is another story. As you suggest, we need
to provide them with the security to let them try to work together.
Ultimately, we can't save them from themselves, they need to learn on their
own that living together is better than endless death and destruction.

As for Al Qaeda, I think they are doing our work for us. People in the
Muslim world are increasingly disgusted by their brutality and their
medieval view of the world. The best thing we can do is continue to remind
the world what Al Qaeda wants- a worldwide Muslim caliphate based on a
brutal 12th century Islamist ideology.