its running on mysql at hms on shared account. I realize what you are saying
about shared accounts vs vps accounts and I have the biggest vps that they
offer but the client doesnt want it on a vps account so that takes that away.

Regardless it shouldnt error that much, if the whole site was slow or erroring
then it would be an easy answer but like i said I can go onto the site and the
rest of the site is going along nicely.

Matter of fact as I am sitting here writing this 4 errors have come in so far
and I cant get into store but the rest of the site is fine. Its almost 2am mst
so there shouldnt be massive heavily traffic on the server right now either.

Diagnostics:
The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: CFQUERY
The error occurred on line 8.
Date/Time:
{ts '2007-08-05 03:48:55'}
Browser:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET
CLR 2.0.50727)

unfortunately I just cant tell the client that the errors are being caused by
hms because they go and look at the site and its all running right except the
cart and that tells them its the cart.

Might be isolated as the cart itself seems decent but I can't blame them for
being upset about it, lost sales are lost sales if the cart wont work.