Will be more economical in space when they release the 1U version...

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070809-sonys-new-cell-computing-board
-takes-the-play-out-of-playstation.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 09 August 2007 04:43
To: CF-Community
Subject: [PS3] PS3s as Servers for PS3 Online game

I just thought this was really cool in a super geeky kind of way.  The
server for the PS3 game "Warhawk" (an online-only wargame) will in fact be
hosted on a rack of PS3s.  There are pictures here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/08/08/behind-the-curtain-the-warhawk-ser
vers/

I'm not saying that's the best way to do things but it does look mighty
purty.

"Warhawk" is also going to do possibly unique for a console game: you can
run your own server.  Apparently if you forgo playing you can set up your
PS3 to host 32 player games and if you want to play yourself that number
drops to 24 players.

Pretty slick, I think.  I'm really impressed with the way Sony is moving
traditionally PC-only features to the PS3.  I doubt I'll get involved with
the game... I always like the idea of online games more than the reality,
but still - it's impressive.

Jim Davis
PlayStation Network, XBox Live, Steam ID: kiwidust