>I agree with this statement, for the most part.  There is a man
>playing in the NFL - a lineman or linebacker or something - who has
>gotten three DUIs, and killed a woman - a mother - in the third
>accident.
>
>He's still playing in the NFL, after having killed someone.

Killing someone in a DUI is certainly disgusting, but hardly the same as
outright murder. Heck, look at OJ. You can certainly not say he hasn't been
persecuted by the media...and he wasn't even convicted. Regardless, the
argument that some people may not have faced the kind of punishment they
*should* have is certainly not a logical argument to make in terms of what Vick
should get. The question of course is whether any team would even take him on
and the negative press they would likely get as a result. He certainly has a
right to make a living after serving his time, as any felon would. But in a
very high-profile, on-the-field position? I'd be surprised if we see that.