>I took a few videos with my cell phone that I have beamed to my computer,
>and they are in the .3g2 format.  Anyone have an easy way to convert them to
>something more useful (.wmv preferrably)?  Google has lots of hits, but they
>either require downloading "free" converters" (possibly loaded with spyware
>or virii), or paying for software.

I know you were looking for free... but how 'bout cheap?

We use River Past Video Cleaner to convert our stupid phone's .3G2 and our
stupid camera's .MOV files.

The "lite" package (only $19) outputs to AVI (you could then use the free MS
tools to convert to WMV) while the regular edition ($29) offers well over a
dozen output formats including WMV (many of the other formats require free
"booster" plug-ins).

It's a cleanly-designed, easy-to-use piece of software.  It does it's job, does
it well, and doesn't try to do anything else.

Jim Davis