I heard a news story last night that shows that the law is designed to protect
youth from thier own stupidity.  A local banger in the TINY town of Roseland,
LA tried to rob a convenience store.  He had his droopy pants on and pulled
knife on the attendant.  She wasn't going gor it and pulled out a Louisville
Slugger.  Our intrepid robber turned around fast to run, his pants fell to his
knees and he ended up with 2 cracked ribs, a fractured jaw and multiple bruises
from falling on his face into a chip display.  The clerk said she hadn't
laughed so hard in years.

I couldn't find it on the web, but my mother who lives 2 miles away from the
store confirmed that someone was arrested for attempted robbery and was taken
to the hospital.  The store was closed last night.