On 9/7/07, Dana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Chaco Canyon is older than the cliff dwellings, which did not appear
> until about 1250. The oldest buildings in Chaco date from about 850 AD
> and the larger structures were the first multi-family residences in
> the United States.

I used to go camping there when I was a kid, but it's been damn near
18 years since the last time.

Quite awesome- nice little river to hike next to- and if you're a kid,
you can throw a pepsi can in at one end, and find it floating by you
where you cross (what seemed like) miles down the river.

At least, if I'm thinking of the right place.

Have you been to the man cave, Dana?  That's another one I haven't
done in a while, but that was pretty cool back in the day.
__
The respectful tourist leaves any artifacts right where they are.
but takes the pepsi cans home  =]