> RoMun wrote:
> That was a loaded question by a politician trying to score points.

Gen Patraeus' unsaid answer was simple: no.  No, he doesn't think the
war in Iraq is making Americans safer.  If he did he would've said so.

If I were listening to his testimony, sitting in Iraq getting ready to
go out on patrol again, I guess I wouldn't be too happy with that.

But I would probably be in the minority because it would seem that
there are lots of people who don't care that commander of one of
longest military expeditions we've had doesn't think (or at a minimum
doesn't know) if my death is making America safer.