The original pledge is:
'I pledge allegiance to my Flag and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.'

It was not until 1923 and 1924 that the National Flag Conference under
the leadership of the American Legion and the Daughters of the American
Revolution changed the Pledge's words to 'my Flag' to 'the Flag of the
United States of America'.

And it was the Knights of Columbus, in 1954 that recommended to Congress
that Under God be added to the pledge

Bruce