> Okay, so two votes for DirecTV ... what about having a phone line? We don't
> have home phone service and probably won't get it since we both use cell
> phones and skype. Is it required for DirecTV?

Don't know, no cable (for TV) and no dish... but

> Will it be required for any
> kind of DSL service?

DSL requires a phone 'line' at very least. I don't know that it
requires an active land-line (e.g., you pick up the phone and there's
a dial-tone...)

My own experience is that I got tired of being jacked by the cable
company every time I turned around when I had cable TV (my final
month's cable bill was $125). Satellite wasn't really a reliable
option 4 years ago and I already had DSL.

Cancelled cable TV and then DSL went away when I found out I could get
8mbps from the cable company for ~$50/month and I didn't have to get
TV through them.

So now I have Comcast cable internet, Vonage for IP phone and cells.

Best o'luck.

and despite what G says, Olathe *is* podunk...at least it was 10 years ago...

of course, this is from the man that used to commute there form
Leavenworth/Lansing...

;-)
-- 
will

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true;
and that would just be unacceptable."
- Carrie Fisher

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Create robust enterprise, web RIAs.
Upgrade to ColdFusion 8 and integrate with Adobe Flex
http://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/flex2/?sdid=RVJP

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:245075
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to