> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gruss Gott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 10:38 AM
> To: CF-Community
> Subject: This is interesting ...
> 
> Abu Dhabi agreed to pay $622 million for a 8.1% stake in chip maker
> AMD. Full story coming shortly.
> 
> Why, I wonder?  Isn't AMD kinda on the way down?  There's an
> interesting terrorist conspiracy theory here maybe ...

I thought AMD was doing exceedingly well actually... the ATI acquisition has
really raised both their profile, capabilities and greatly expanded their
audience.

As for specific point-in-time comparisons they're not really worth much: AMD
and Intel have been leap-frogging each other for years.

I'm not sure but I really thought they were doing great.

Jim Davis


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
ColdFusion is delivering applications solutions at at top companies 
around the world in government.  Find out how and where now
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/showcase/index.cfm?event=finder&productID=1522&loc=en_us

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/message.cfm/messageid:246539
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/CF-Community/subscribe.cfm
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.5

Reply via email to