Hi, I do a lot of my work from home and use the VPN connection to
access the network.
I wanted to and have set up a wireless network at home. I have a
desktop PC that's hooked to the router. I use a Wireless Broadband
card to connect to the EVDO network. My home PC is Windows Vista Home
Premium. I successfully set up the connect, which I was able to test
by using a different Laptop also with Vista Home Premium and connected
to the PC and even shared the internet connection. I tried to hook my
work laptop (Windows XP Pro) up to the network and failed. I could
access my router (netgear) by changing my TCPIP settings to the Static
IP 192.168.1.2 and then hitting the URL 192.168.1.1. So something was
working. I couldn't use the Desktop's internet connection though. I
tried running ipconfig /renew and ipconfig /release but I kept getting
error's about the DHCP server? I checked the services and the DHCP,
DNS and RCP services were running fine.
Do you guys have any suggestions on getting this to work?