Beth,

If it fit within the criteria for a scientific theory, will full
falsifiability, predictiveness, inclusiveness to prior data, etc, then it
would be a testable scientific theory. But it is not.

BTW did anyone catch the article last night on Intelligent Design, from the
NPR site:

Ohio's Intelligent Design Forum
The Ohio State School Board has held a forum to hear arguments for an
against including "intelligent design" in school science guidelines. About
1500 people showed up for the hearing to hear from scientists on both sides
of the issue. Robert talks with Bill Rice, reporter for member station WCPN
in Cleveland. (4:30)
http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/atc/20020312.atc.14.ram

regards,

larry