I was thinking exactly of the Trump axiom, I love that line. Our situation
is totally different from that of LTCM. They were an individual company, not
a sovereign government. I don't care what happens to Citi, for example, so
much as I care that the banking industry as a whole stays solvent. Foreign
entities can carve up Citi for lunch for all I care.

The beauty of the situation is that foreign governments are rushing to pump
money into the U.S. We spent it all on cheap goods from them and
questionable mortgages from the banks. We bought the goods and defaulted on
the banks. Now those same governments are pumping money into the banks, more
as a defensive maneuver than anything else. If the dollar goes in the
toilet, all that money they earned selling crap to us isn't going to be
worth squat, and it's not like they can take Citigroup and move it to Asia
or the Middle East. And let's face it, Citi, Merrill, et al have only
themselves to blame for the mess they are in. They got really, really greedy
and now they are paying the price.